Hi, We’re Rick and Ada Blythe– hosts of It’s Friday, so wine!
We’ve been married a very, very long time. We also both enjoy a nice glass of wine, so we decided to start up this website to share our love of wine and have some fun being creative together. Let’s be clear, we are not sommeliers. We are amateurs sharing our experiences lightly and humorously.
Why “It’s Friday, so wine”?
Rick is a retired IT professional but Ada is still employed in a high-stress corporate job. Every Friday, we’d joke about the long work week ending and text/email/send smoke signals that IT’S FRIDAY, SO WINE!
This opened our eyes and palate to trying something a little different every week. We needed a place to consolidate our favorites, share our reviews, and pepper in some educational insights! We are by no stretch of the imagination experts of any sort, but we are friendly, fun, and eager to explore and learn more about the wine we like to drink.
What sets itsfridaysowine apart from the myriad of wine bloggers out there is our unwavering commitment to firsthand experience. For us, it’s not enough to simply read or hear about some wine. Although we are fans of international wines (we are looking at you, Argentinian Malbec!) we are also a stone’s throw away from the world-famous Niagara region of wineries. We are excited to showcase these wineries and their wares.
About Ada Blythe
I am married to Rick Blythe (see below).
I enjoy all things wine, sitting on the deck with wine, sipping wine with friends, and scuba-diving with wine (just kidding,.. THAT would be a waste of wine!).
Getting creative with food and wine pairings, and cooking for family and friends is my passion.
About Rick Blythe
Rick is of course married to Ada above (since 1991). Growing up in a family that appreciated good wine, I developed a love for it at a young age LOL. As I got older, I started to explore different varieties and regions, and my fascination with wine only grew. I love learning about the history and culture behind each bottle, as well as the unique characteristics that make each wine special.
I enjoy attending wine tastings and trying new recipes to pair with different wines.
If you wish to see a list of all of our content, visit our SITEMAP.
Browse our most recent Articles
- What Wine Goes With Halibut?
- Wakefield Estate Shiraz Pairing
- What Wine Goes with Chili?
- Red Knot Cabernet Sauvignon Pairing
- Is Wine Stronger than Beer?
- Understanding Red Blend Wine
We write a variety of articles about Wine in general, including:
- Wine reviews: These articles provide an in-depth analysis of a specific red wine, including tasting notes, food pairings, and overall impressions.
- Wine education: These articles aim to educate readers about different aspects of wine, such as grape varietals, wine regions, and winemaking techniques. They may include infographics, maps, and other visual aids to help readers better understand the content.
- Food and wine pairing: These articles focus on the best wines to pair with different types of foods, such as seafood, poultry, or vegetarian dishes. They may also provide tips for pairing white wine with specific spices or flavors.
- Travel and wine tourism: These articles highlight wine regions around the world that produce wine, and provide information on the best wineries to visit, as well as local attractions and restaurants.
- Lifestyle and entertainment: These articles explore the cultural and social aspects of wine, such as how to host a wine-tasting party, how to choose the perfect wine for a special occasion, or how to store and serve wine properly.
- Health and wellness: These articles examine the potential health benefits of wine, such as its antioxidant properties and potential to reduce the risk of heart disease. They may also provide tips for consuming wine in moderation.